Link 1 | | Link 2 | | Link 3 |

Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Jitterbugs

As I sit to write this blog, it is January 27th around 1:15 am. I'm waiting for my Mack to get home from a well deserved night out.

Well deserved on his part as he tends to get a bit ancy sitting around the house with a homebody like me. That and he needs to make some friends down here in this 'burg.

Well deserved on my part as he tends to drive me a bit crazy when he's ancy and I can get some things taken care of for The Day.

Not that there is a whole lot to do really. Getting Michael's ring sized (formerly my father's), ordering a pair of green Chucks so Mack can sport his green on the 17th, ordering the cymbal monkey... little details. Purchased the crinoline today and I ordered those little cards that led you to this site right before beginning this particular blog. I'm loving the ease and carefree attitude we've adopted about this elopement plan. Pretty much anything goes.Fuck... I do still have to purchase luggage. The fact that this is my first time flying seems to be the only stress I have about this trip.

The dress is here and tucked away into our closet, waiting for the day when it will be shipped to the little wedding chapel in New Orleans to await our arrival. How I happened upon my dress was kind of one of those fluke things. Mack and I had discussed what we were going to wear, and I figured it would only be appropriate to put forth some kind of effort to let the man know I care. From my perspective nothing shows how much I care about someone based on my willingness to shimmy myself into a dress for them. So, I went to the only website where I know I can pretty much land my hands on anything.... Ebay. I searched "green dress". After all, I do not want to get pinched on our wedding day (aka St. Patrick's Day).

Yeah, well that pulled up some very hooker-like dresses, some chartreuse monstrosities, and some bridesmaid dresses. I was looking for something simple. A click here, a click there... and I found my dress. A little raise of the eyebrow from Michael and I knew this meant he was in complete agreement. So, I bid on my dress. Eighteen dollars later and the cost of shipping, I couldn't have found a more perfect dress for the day. Even if it is an actual wedding dress. And I've never even pictured or entertained the thought of me in a wedding dress.

Come to think of it... I don't think there isn't much we haven't purchased off the internet for this little fiasco...

One always hears about the pre-wedding jitters. Nervousness, dreams wracked by everything that could go wrong on the special day, waking up in a cold sweat, doubting if this is the right step, etc.

I must say that I have a case of the jitterbugs... As in "Is it March yet?" I could literally scream because the day just doesn't seem to be getting any closer. I haven't had one single doubt about marrying this man. I'm marrying him for the right reason. To me the only reason: I'm in love with this man! This and the fact that he has better insurance... but its most assuredly because I love him.

Sitting here in anticipation, I can already imagine myself pestering the flight attendants with "are we there yet?". Nevermind the fact that we have precisely 7 days before The Day when we do get down there. We've even done the honeymoon ass backwards! But that's seven days to get some sightseeing done, eat some cajun food, make some memories, and relax before we finally take those vows. I couldn't dream of a better way to begin our lives together.

Damn... is it fucking March yet?

No comments: