Link 1 | | Link 2 | | Link 3 |

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Rings and Things

Captain's Log... January 30th.

Got quite a bit accomplished on my Wednesday off. Made the trek to Rocky's (the only establishment I would trust with such a momento as my father's band) to get our rings sized. Rocky's managed to seal their number one place forever in my heart and mind when they told me honestly and upfront that my dad's band could not be altered.

This particular ring is white gold with bands of yellow gold around the edges, separated by a "groove" if you will. I know of several supposedly reputable places that would have attempted this particular alteration, and thus would have seriously fucked up my most prized possession.

I was a tad bit disappointed as I was thinking that the one item that I seriously wanted to bestow upon my husband-to-be was not going to happen. It has one of those cheesy plastic ring guards on it right now, as this was my attempt to make it fit my own finger so that I could wear it without losing it. Unfortunately, my allergy to yellow gold never really gave me the option to sport that ring upon my finger.

When the subject of rings came to light, I knew instantly that I wanted my Mack to wear my father's band. Though I was plagued with the thought that perhaps it wasn't his style and a bit old fashioned. Or that he'd think it was me being frugal or cheap. Not the case at all. I wanted to show my Mack just how much I loved him. I could think of no better way to express this than to entrust him with the my father's band. Ya'll know how I feel about my Dad, and I'm sure you can imagine how I feel about his ring.

Luckily, in true Mack fashion, he loved the idea and I think he's still a little taken aback by the fact that I love him enough to ask him to wear it for the rest of our lives. Honestly, it means more to me that he accepted the ring. I was a bit down trodden when they told me it couldn't be sized down. But my Mack said he kind of liked the idea of not having it altered and he'd just wrap some string around it.

Honestly... I love this man.

Also made a stop by the Court House. I promptly tripped up those deeper than average limestone steps, and then was mauled by the heavy-ass door. My Mack said my overt clumsiness today was due to my over-exposure to all the shiny bobbles in the brightly lit display cases at Rocky's. He's probably right.

Mack got his first taste of what airport security will be like, as he set off the metal detector (with the my father's ring) and immediately pissed off the man with the security wand that they run over your body. He is now aware of proper procedure though it remains to be seen if he will remember it. In my mind's eye I already see airport security tackling him since he won't remove his hands from his coat pocket.

We went to the Court House to obtain a notarized copy of my divorce decree. Ten years later and the divorce is still costing me. Four dollars and fifty cents to be exact. Or as my Mack pointed out... it's our marriage that is costing me. But I'm a glass half empty kind of person so I prefer to employ my own particular way of thinking on this matter.

The whole issue was taken care of in a matter of fifteen minutes. Mack received menacing glares from the wand-yielding deputy, and I was once again attacked by that heavy old door.

A stop by our own house to obtain some paperwork and take a potty break, I again trip up the steps. Though I was thankfully not attacked by the front door. Thank goodness for small miracles.

We completed our day of running errands by going to the Evil Empire's competition to look at luggage. The one thing that has been managing to stress me out. Though I do think it is because I've never flew before. It seems to be a classic case of transferrence and I'm taking it out on the luggage. We found a set that we thought would be adequate and decided to wait to purchase this expenditure on our next paychecks.

Home again and patting ourselves on the back for a day of accomplished tasks, I proceed to continue working on my taxes. While looking for some particular information, I stumble upon a $500 gift card from when I refinanced my house. Woo fucking hoo!!! So upon discovering this... the luggage is now purchased and on it's way. Found it online in an easier to spot color with (my favorite thing to see when ordering online) FREE SHIPPING.

Can I get a "Hell Yeah!"?

No comments: