Link 1 | | Link 2 | | Link 3 |

Monday, August 18, 2008

So Many Things to Do...

Things have been relatively busy here on the home front.

We've been preparing Captain Oblivious for his return to school next week. Which entails more than just the school shopping with this kid. Not to mention that things always get crazy around here when it's time for him to go back. Usually CO has to get his yearly trip in to the WV state fair that always seems to align with the week before school starts. But it does make shopping for the supplies much easier when I get to pick everything out.

Couple that with the wedding of YaYaPrincess and the many events leading up to it! Bridal shower, ladies luncheon (which turns out is just a chance to sit around, eat, talk, and in my case watch everyone else scrapbook), and of course a Bachelorette Party! This weekend is the event that seals the deal, so to speak. The wedding! I'm all set... or at least I think I am.

Dress altered... check.
Doggy reservations made... check.
Kid taken care of... check.
Replace shoes that Eddie ate... check.
Decide what I'm wearing to the Rehearsal Dinner... SNAFU.
Eyebrows waxed... DOH. Meant to do that today.
Possible Mani and Pedi... kind of depends on how I feel.
Pack... hold off until last possible moment.
Make sure Mack is ready... this is an impossible undertaking.

Not to mention the fact that I've been busy getting the Copper Cauldron under way. Making some soaps, realizing I hate my current packaging plan, trying to come up with a new one, and not being able to make a decision about that because I'm indecisive as hell. I want simplicity, price efficient, and fast. Is that too much to ask? YES!

Oh and of course all the while working my full time job at the Evil Empire. Where I "trained" the most obstinate and all knowing person! ARGH! Apparently my very efficient, but laid back approach to training, was less than appealing to this person. Which required that I repeatedly let this person fall flat on their face whenever they thought they knew exactly what they were doing just to keep their ego in check. Sure, I could have pointed out what this person was doing wrong (had they shut up long enough) but then the person would not have learned from their mistakes. Yeah, those two weeks were extremely long.

The abode was falling slowly into disarray (okay, so it was more like a sudden decent). Piles of papers to be sorted, filed, and dealt with. Items that were intended for a yardsale, that will quite frankly NEVER happen within this year, were removed to be donated to Goodwill. Not too mention that the Deaf Wonder Dog is shedding like a fiend. As in big clumps o' hair. Now, I'm not too sure if we should be worried or not. I'm thinking the mutt can go bald if there is at least some cessation to the amount of hair at some point! He doesn't seem to be experiencing any discomfort at this point so we'll see how it goes. Meanwhile, our couch is now sporting a lovely fur coat.

Mack did make some tasty Greek Meatballs last night. Which of course meant that smoke rolled through the bottom floor, as is generally the case when he takes on such an endeavor, and fire alarms screeched. But I assure you that they were well worth it.

As I feared we are experiencing no shortage in tomatoes from our little SFG out back. In fact it is something akin to an attack. Considering that Captain Oblivious is not here to help defend the homestead by waging war in the only appropriate manner (EAT!), I fear that the tomatoes shall win.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too cute :) I love the photo. As for what to wear, I may be able to conjur up a lovely drag outfit from the local pagent store...you know, I'm just saying :)
Love you!!