
See this guy? He's totally tugging at the strings of my heart :) Yes, hard to believe but I do have a heart. Especially when it comes to critters of the four legged variety. Particularly dogs.
More accurately the dog above. He's an Australian Shepherd that is currently at a local SPCA shelter where he has been since May 1st. Seriously, what's the problem? A beautiful Aussie like that should have had a home already.
He's deaf.
Which it seems isn't all that uncommon in Aussie's that have been bred merle to merle.
I'm already adept at training pooches. But a deaf dog? I've already Googled that shit. A little different but basically the same. I already use hand gestures with Roo and Coop.
Call me crazy but I'm seriously considering rescuing this dog. Because it seems no one wants to take the time to work with a deaf dog. Which means he is well on his way to being euthanized.
Currently he goes by the name of "Sean" but that ain't gonna happen for obvious reasons to most :) Jacob asked what we were going to call him...
To which I responded, "Pretty much anything we want, huh? He really isn't going to know the difference". I say it realistically and with much love, people.
I'm already moving furniture in my head to accomodate one more crate...
No comments:
Post a Comment