I dropped off a Husky and somehow brought home a Loodle: a cross of a poodle and a lion. I went to pick him up yesterday from the groomer expecting his hair to be a bit shorter. Ya know... his summer look. My jaw literally hit the floor when the girl brought him out. The only thing that I could muster reasonably well was, "Well, don't you look like a different dog?" Because had I gone on the rant that I really wanted to... Hell, the rant that I think I was fucking entitled to... would have been an all out scene of preposterous proportions that would have ended in them calling my hubby to remove the screaming, crying lunatic from the premises. Or it could have resulted in me and my Loodle being carted off to the local jail.
I'm pretty sure I would have been safe from the advances from other inmates... what with my menacing looking Loodle to protect me.
Mack wanted to know if I raised hell. For what purpose? Seriously, were they going to glue Coop's hair back in place or give him some extensions? Honestly, I think Coop was embarrassed and just wanted to get the hell out of there. Usually he's very cocky when he comes out of the grooming salon. He tries to get everyone's attention by "talking" to them and strutting his stuff. Except yesterday he had no stuff to strut and he was hell bent and determined to get his POM POM tail into the Jeep.
Once upon a time, I took Coop camping. By the time the weekend was through and he had romped in the river and sand endlessly, he came home with dreads. After the same grooming salon brushed him out twice to no avail, I decided that I could certainly shave my own dog with a wonderful outcome. This was not the case and he looked like he had a serious case of mange.
I much prefer my mange cut to the Loodle-do.
Roo goes to get groomed Sunday morning. I'm seriously considering asking for the same Loodle-do so Ol' Coop doesn't have to go this humiliation alone. Mack has protested. It has been dutifully noted that he protests.
I had to take Coop and Edison to the vet today. Have I mentioned that we have to physically lift Edison into the Jeep? Once in he is fine. Getting him in there is half the battle. My dear hubby arrived at precisely the moment where I was at my whit's end trying to get Eddie even close to the Jeep.
At the vet it was determined that Eddie has an upper respiratory infection. A two week round of antibiotics and a delay in getting him neutered. I had to put in a call to the SPCA to let them know since there is now a two week deadline in getting an adopted animal fixed. Hey, I'm trying to honor the terms of the contract but not at the expense of harming his health more at this point.
It was while at the vet that I witnessed what I will probably see throughout the lifetime of having Edison. I told the vet that he is deaf. But she just had to test that theory by walking behind him and clapping her hands. I see this playing out many times as people are clued into the fact that he cannot hear. Everybody is just going to have to test this theory. Like somehow them clapping or whistling behind him is going to miraculously cure his deafness.
No, don't take my word for it. Sure, you can clap behind him. Maybe it's like one of those supermarket giveaways where the 100th shopper receives some special item. Maybe if you're the 100th clapper Eddie will get his hearing back!!
Yeah right. And every time a bell rings an angel gets it's wings.
The garden is looking lush and green! I'll post some pics as proof later on. Exciting thing is that our one lone carrot now has company :)
No comments:
Post a Comment