Link 1 | | Link 2 | | Link 3 |

Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Evil Empire Gave Me Homework

I finally got the opportunity last week to speak with one of the members of the Green Team at work concerning offering recycling for the CFL's. I think it is only appropriate that the Evil Empire offers this service for free to not only it's employees, but also company wide to their consumers as well. If they're going to be an advocate for the use of CFL's to reduce energy consumption then I say it is about time they stepped up to the plate and offer a safe way to dispose of them.

The very next day after speaking with the member, I was approached by that same member wondering if I could not provide them with the link I had mentioned in discussing whether or not they were going to offer such a service. I was also informed that they would be willing to do this at the expense of the company. I said that I would indeed provide them with a link or two.

So I've been doing my homework tonight :)

Now I'm thinking that if I can get this set up at my DC then there should be no problem implementing the same type of service at all of the stores and DC's throughout the company. What has started at a local level has the potential to spread across the board. This idea pleases me and I'm going to propose this to the Green Team when I turn over the links to the sites I've found.

To think... I could be the one responsible for my employer implementing a free service to the public to dispose of a harmful mercury containing device! Then it would be up to the general public to follow through as responsible consumers.

Until that day comes IKEA already offers this service for free.

No comments: