My passion for thrift store hunting has been reignited. A little hunting, a whole lot of patience, dumb luck, and sometimes a bit of elbow grease pays off! With very little money out of pocket.
 |
| Two sets of curtains... $3.50 |
These curtains are a Granny Apple Green and still have the crease marks from being in the package. My take is they were never even used. Awesomeness (in my favorite color even).
 |
| Assorted dishware... $5.00 |
Five white plates that can most certainly be mixed in with my Fiestaware! The sixth one was chipped but at 50 cents a piece... I'll take 'em. Oval baking dish was $2.00. This required some elbow grease and GooGone. Someone had long ago given up on getting the label off the bottom. Five minutes of my time and it cleaned up beautifully. Adorable green condiment dish was 50 cents and matches my green Fiestaware!
 |
| We lose silverware like most people lose socks in the dryer... $3.50 |
|
Four forks and four spoons that match for 2 bucks! A little patience as I had to sort through little bins full of silverware. (I'm pretty sure Captain Oblivious is responsible for the disappearance of most of our silverware.) Green vase was a dollar and now holds my pretty cloth napkins. Recognize that plate? Yup... same as the others but apparently it was hiding from me the first time. An additional 50 cents and now we have six.
I love finding a good bargain on items that we actually needed and use. I also love that it fits in with our reduce, reuse and recycle tendencies! What I actually love the most is that it's easy on our bank account :)
No comments:
Post a Comment