I own a Brita pitcher that I used before the attempt on my life by my son. Also known as the Meatloaf Pan incident where a glass pan came careening at my face at approximately five something in the morning. That same incident cracked the lid on my pitcher. Good news is I can get a replacement lid by calling 1-800-24-BRITA and not have to chuck a perfectly good pitcher into the recycling bin or landfill.
In past days I would have not thought twice about doing it but we are making the attempt to go more green in this house these days. If only my dear hubbie would quit throwing out the recyclable objects :) And if only I would remember to put out the recycling bin on Sunday nights... Hey! That's today....
Then I stumbled upon a bit of information on a particular blog I have begun to frequent. It appears that Brita sold its North American operations to Clorox back in the year 2000. While the Europe part of Brita has a really nifty recycling program for the filters, here in North America there is no such program. However, we can all urge Clorox to start a similar program by visiting the site below and signing a petition (a great American past time). If you don't want to sign at the very least you can send the organization your used filters!!
http://www.takebackthefilter.org/
Oh, and an update on the ant situation... I gave up and Mack brought home some ant traps that don't look like hockey pucks. No ants!! YAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment