Link 1 | | Link 2 | | Link 3 |

Monday, June 30, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my birthday and as per my wishes I'm having a low key kind of day. I woke up and meandered down the stairs in my jammies to fix myself a cup of hot tea while I sat reading all the blogs I've stumbled upon during my clicking.

Then I made the trek back up the stairs to take a shower and discovered a most lovely thing... My sock drawer is full! I have a particular phobia when it comes to pairing up socks. So inadvertently Mack has done one of the nicest things he could do for my birthday: a sock drawer that overfloweth with matched socks. Oh, Mack. How do I love thee? My heart spills over with love for you. Much like my sock drawer :)

We then made the hop, skip and a jump over to the Foolish One's so that I could bestow some soapy gifts upon her. Some soap that belonged to her but some that she wasn't even expecting. A friendly but necessary gesture because I need to make room for more bars in the curing closet. Which my dear Mack is going to do an overhaul on to make more shelves and thus room for even more bars!

I had also requested more soap molds for my birthday. Which may seem like a strange request until you realize that it is really the small things in life that give me the utmost pleasure. I mean who else tears up from a full sock drawer? Of course that could be the monthly hormones welling to the surface but damnit... I love sock balls (wipes tear from the corner of eye).

So by the end of the day I will have four more soap molds with which to craft my wares. What's so special about these molds? One: I got exactly what I wanted for my birthday. Two: they're going to create ROUND soap (which seems utterly ridiculous that I'd get excited over it but unless you're a maker of soap you probably wouldn't get it). Three: I got four molds for the price of what I normally pay for two! Four: I'll be spending a leisurely day of making soap on a rainy afternoon. I'm soap obsessed what can I say?

That being said, the time grows closer to the day we pick up Mack's offspring! Saturday we will be making the trek to the state formerly known as "Wild, Wonderful West Virginia" but now dubbed "West Virginia: Open for Business" by the way of an asinine governor. Truly pisses me off.

We've literally been planning this trip for months now. It's been a mad rush to make sure all the dogs are up to date on their shots so that they can be boarded. Eddie is just getting over a raging case of kennel cough that he picked up during his stint at the SPCA and quite frankly I'm tired of playing "hide the pill" in hot dogs.

This trip was also carefully orchestrated so that it would coincide with the Adkins' family reunion. A function that I have not attended since the Punk Monkey was about four. So why not take my new husband and wonderful stepchildren along with me for the torture... I mean festivities. On one hand the fact that we will be attending makes my Granny A very happy. On the other hand I'm truly not that enthused about going since I haven't seen some of the extended family since my father passed away. I truly don't want to spend my time there hearing about how sad they are to hear that he passed on.

Also this was meant to be a chance to visit with my Mom. Like I said... months of planning. She calls today to inform us she has to work and thought we were coming in on Friday night. This was NEVER part of the plan. So apparently we won't be seeing my mom and now we're not sure where the hell we'll be staying to boot.

No comments: