We took Roo to get him groomed Sunday morning. He didn't come back with the infamous "Loodle-Do" but he did come back looking surprisingly anorexic. It is amazing just how much hair that dog had! We've already noticed a drastic decrease in the dog hair tumbleweeds rolling through the house. Thank goodness. For awhile there I was having nightmares something akin to the infamous Tribbles episode from Star Trek. Which is coincidentally the only Star Trek episode I can ever recall. Probably the only one I have ever seen.
Eddie didn't get to go for his appointment this morning at the Spay and Neuter clinic because of his upper respiratory infection. I'm sure he is more than happy to hold onto his manhood for a tad bit longer. Although this morning Roo did have his vet appointment where he earned himself the "Party Hat". Which if he could tell ya, isn't really as fun as it sounds. It seems our spastic ball of energy earned himself the privelage of sporting a muzzle. Apparently he felt a little threatened when two people descended upon him to draw some blood for his heartworm test. I can't blame him as I feel the same way whenever a doctor forces me to pee in a teeny tiny cup. Okay, so that is more along the lines of humiliation... but I sympathize none the less.
The Graduation cookout was a lot of fun! Only on the farm can you be privy to hearing the phrase "Get up on the roof and change the CD" or "The motherfuckers with the guns better not be shooting my fucking chickens". As usual My Lover, aka Angie's husband, cooked up some wonderful fare! That man can grill like no other. In fact he makes some damn delicious bread as well. Plus I got to sample some of his own homemade sausage. The BEST sausage that has ever passed these lips. I've got some right now thawing out in the fridge... We're having breakfast for supper tonight!
We also welcomed ANOTHER new edition to our household yesterday. As if three dogs and a cat weren't enough... Elphaba, an adorable little kitten, was welcomed into the house. Finally, another female in the house! Pictures of her cuteness will follow in the days to come. Currently she is staying in the Punk Monkey's room so she can get some one on one time and get acclimated to the chaos that is her new home. The Punk Monkey is lavishing her with attention and this morning I'm told that when Mack went to wake him up for school, she was sleeping on his chest :) Supposedly this was to be Mack's kitten but I think that one may be up for debate.
Also, everyone who frequents this blog may have noticed a link under "Sweet Tea's Stuff" called "The Copper Cauldron" followed by the promise that it is coming soon. Indeed it is! "The Copper Cauldron" is where anyone who would like can purchase some of my homemade soaps. I won't really be writing too much about that on here so you'll just have to check out that site for updates, etc.
Another link that has been added is that of "Baileys Basics". I highly recommend you frequent that site as well! Our very own Foolish One will be selling some delightful homemade sundries as well. In fact all of her products are very eco-friendly and free of dyes and fragrances for those with sensitive skin.
Both sites are still in the beginning phases so bear with us as we stock up our shops with our products. In fact I'm off to purchase supplies to make some soap for my very first customer! Who just happens to be the proprietor of "Baileys Basics"...
I had the pleasure of going grocery shopping with the Foolish One as well yesterday. Grocery shopping is much more fun with a friend! Although we did sorely miss the Punk Monkey in our adventures because he's a big help in general when it comes to shopping for food. He loves to eat it and therefore is more than willing to do his part.
From that adventure I ended up making some Blueberry Freezer Jam and preparing a round of apples for our new dehydrator! Those apples will make a delicious little snack for ourselves and a tasty treat for the dogs.
1 comment:
And some rockin' soap it is!! It grates easily, too, which has become my definition of a good soap :)
Post a Comment